For all of you Mikrotik users out there, in this post I will show you how to create a WiFi Hotspot with Mikrotik and EasyHotspot nano. Mikrotik routerboard and RouterOS has a captive portal so you can combine the ease of use of EasyHotspot nano + Mikrotik in to a powerful Hotspot.
0. Connect your mikrotik router by LAN cable to your PC, openup Winbox, choose your Router by IP or MAC Address and click Connect.
1. Create WAN connection to your first ethernet port (Ether1), so the router connects to the Internet through this port.
Click ‘IP‘ -> ‘DHCP Client‘, Click the ‘+‘ sign to add DCHP Client, Choose ‘ether1‘ for the Interface, then click ‘OK‘.
2. Next, you need to add hotspot service to wlan1 or another ethernet port (ether2).
Click ‘IP‘ choose ‘Hotspot‘, Click ‘Setup‘ to add new Hotspot. Choose wlan1 or another ethernet port (ether2) for Hotspot Interface. Click ‘Next‘ for the following screens and leave the default values. (If not default, choose ‘None‘ for the certificate)
3. Enable Radius on the Hotspot service you just created.
Go to ‘IP‘ -> ‘Hotspot‘, click ‘Profiles‘ and choose your Hotspot Profile. Click the checkbox to enable RADIUS on the RADIUS tab. On the ‘Login‘ tab, disable Cookie and allow CHAP, HTTPS, and PAP. Click ‘OK‘ to apply settings.
4. Next you have to add Walled Garden entry.
Go to ‘IP‘ -> ‘Hotspot‘, on the ‘Walled Garden‘ tab click the ‘+‘ to add new entry. Input: ‘*.easyhotspot-nano.com‘ to Dst. Host, then click ‘OK‘
5. Then add the Radius sever settings.
Click ‘Radius‘ on the menu, Click ‘+‘ to add the Radius Server. Check to enable ‘Hotspot‘ on the General tab Service section. Next input for Address: ‘188.8.131.52‘ and Secret: ‘easyhotspotnanosecret‘ then click ‘OK‘
6. Last of all you need to Change NAS ID to the value of your Hotspot Identifier from the hotspot you want to mange in manage.easyhotspot-nano.com.
Go to ‘System‘ -> ‘Identity‘, and input your hotspot identifier on the Identity field, then click ‘OK‘.
You can find your Hotspot Identifier on the Hotspots Tab at manage.easyhotspot-nano.com
That’s IT! When you try to connect to mikrotik wireless network or AP and browse the Internet you will be redirected to Mikrotik login screen.
You can login with prepaid or postpaid vouchers you have created from easyhotspot nano admin page.